Introducing WordPress Plugin Template
For those who write plugins, I have create free template/scaffolding code I call WordPress Plugin Template for writing plugins. It is aimed at helping making lots of commonly done code easier and quicker, and generally bootstrapping the process of getting a plugin written.
WordPress Plugin Template generates scaffold/template code to create a sophisticated WordPress plugin. The template code provide convenience hooks and functions to save you from re-inventing the wheel and to follow best practices.
The template code includes:
- plugin life cycle management
- hooks for install, upgrade and uninstall actions
- fuller options management
- easy administration page creation
- easier short code creation
- easier way to create Ajax handlers
- easier way to enforce security
Read more about the design tenets.
Generate and download code for your own plugin!
This code is the culmination of my own lessons learned and best practices I have gleaned. Share your own ideas and experience. Comments and feedback on this code is welcome.